CQ WW 2015


Last Call - M0YKS Feeling Pleased & Tired Finishing The CQ WW 2015 Contest at 00.00 utc 

This year during CQ World Wide I managed 172 QSO's and 18 CQ DX Zones, conditions were reasonable throughout the contest but not quite as good as last year. Despite that I heard four other CQ DX Zones, Zone 3, 10, 23 and Zone 30 which if I had managed to work all four I would have beaten my high score of 21 that I had repeated last year. Nevertheless, I had a great time participating as a low power single unassisted operator and managed to log CQ Zones 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 24, 25, 33 and Zone 40. I was happy with the station and everything went well with some interesting DX from China, Japan, The Middle East, The Caribbean and West Indies, North and South America as well as Europe. I worked across the entire HF bands and thoroughly enjoyed myself, Thanks to All Stations Worked! I made a video during this year's CQ World Wide Contest which is now available to view below. I hope I caught you on video during CQ WW 2015. 73

 

Local QRM During The CQ WW Contest


Comments

PE4BAS, Bas said…
Great to see how you enjoyed the CQWW contest on your side. Quite a long video as well. I had the same feeling about the propagation although it was not bad. Your daughter didn't seem so happy about it. I know....daddy doesn't want to play. He plays radio today. Have the same here as you know ;-). 73, Bas
MØYKS Simon said…
Hi Bas, tnx as always for the comment ;-) yes I have a lot of playing Dad to catch up on h.i
Lucky for me it's half term at College so I get the week off and can make up for lost time and get back in the good books.
I found the contest bands a little bit quieter this year not quite as much qrm as usual at my end but still plenty enough action to make this year's contest fun and worthwhile. Can't wait until next time!

I hope you managed to catch a few new ones for your wish list as well as having a good blast on the bands over in PE Land, I worked quite a few stations from your neck of the woods on 40 and 80m. Best 73 to you and the family. Have fun de Simon M0YKS and family.

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M